Citronella 10ml (Organic)
Light, crisp, fruity aroma, well known for its insect repelling properties. Stimulating, tonic, toning, uplifting properties for body and mind.
ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Immune | Nervous | Respiratory | Stimulating | Positivity | Uplifting
Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leaves and stems of the Cymbopogon species of plants, especially Cymbopogon winterianus. Citronella oil is famous as a plant-based insect repellent, a bio-pesticide with a non-toxic mode of action, and has been registered for this use in USA since 1948.
Ancient cultures in India, Egypt, and elsewhere in the world where the Cymbopogon species of grasses grew, used them to repel insects, especially mosquitoes. Insects often carried disease, and the use of this grass as repellent was a matter of life and death at that time.
The crisp fruity aroma has a stimulating effect on the immune mechanisms and blood circulation, increasing activity in the nervous system. The tonic properties offer a toning effect on the body and provides positive benefits for oily skin and hair.
To find out more about this product download our factsheet HERE.
PLANT PART: Aerial parts
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation
- Diffuse to repel insects, and to clear the air, induce positive, happy feelings to reduce negativity.
- Massage after blending for sore joints, cramps, oily skin and hair, to reduce lethargy, fatigue and tension.
- Apply diluted to joints and skin. Add to bathwater for uplifting, cleansing properties.
- Blends well with Bergamot, Lemon, Geranium, Orange, Lavender.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.