Clary Sage 10ml (Organic)
Very fresh, warm, and sweet, the aroma is said to be relaxing, warming and euphoric, with calming properties. Clearing the mind and enhancing clarity.
ORGANIC ESSENTIAL OIL 10ml
Nervous | Structural | Glandular | Clarity | Relaxation | Calming
Clary sage oil is extracted by steam distillation from the flowering tops and the leaves of Salvia sclarea. It is native to southern Europe and is cultivated for its oil in France and Russia. In the middle ages, clary sage was known as Oculus Christi, which meant 'the eye of Christ’, and was a highly-esteemed medicine.
Clary sage has been an important and useful oil in both natural medicine and aromatherapy. The greatest benefit is its calming influence on the nerves and is particularly useful for female conditions and symptoms associated with menopause. It is also known as an aphrodisiac. Clary sage essential oil is very relaxing to both mind and body. With a calming influence on the nerves, clary sage is a valuable oil for relieving tension, stress and general aches.
To find out more about this product download our factsheet HERE.
PLANT PART: Flower Tops
EXTRACTION METHOD: Steam Distillation
- Diffuse for mental clarity, relaxation and restful sleep.
- Massage after blending for soothing relaxation. Massage into feet to relieve insomnia. Soothes skin.
- Apply diluted to the brow for clarity prior to mediation or contemplation, or to the abdomen for menstrual discomfort.
- Add to bathwater with chamomile for relaxation and destressing.
- Blends well with Lavender, Geranium, Frankincense, Lemon, Ylang Ylang.
- Do not ingest Lily & Loaf Essential Oils. Never use undiluted.
- Massage or topical add 3-5 drops per 10ml of carrier oil.
- Vaporiser add 4-5 drops to cold water in a vaporiser.
- Inhalation add 2-3 drops to hot water, inhale vapour through nose.
- Bathing add 5-10 drops to water or carrier oil, stir into bathwater.
Possible skin sensitivity - may cause skin sensitising or irritation. Avoid use whilst consuming alcohol. External use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes, ears, mucus membranes, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or using prescription medication, consult your Doctor or qualified health care practitioner before using essential oils. Not recommended for use on children under 12 years. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach and sight of children. The information provided is for educational purposes only.